I have always been an extremely goal oriented person. I like making a to-do list and crossing things off. I like tracking my progress on various apps or planners. I like writing things on a calendar hanging in out kitchen just so I can feel accomplished when I look at it. Since it is the beginning of a new month… well just a few days into a new month… I thought I’d share my goals for February with you all.
- Complete four of Cass’s workouts – I have been using the Sweat App and following Cass Olholm’s High Intensity Strength Challenge. I have completed several different programs using this app before, but I absolutely LOVE the workouts Cass provides. Also, I am obsessed with her Instagram: Cass Olholm. She provides tons of encouragement along with techniques for good form.
- Run three times a week – I am not a runner nor have I ever been a runner, but I really want to be able to run a 5K again. My brother-in-law recommended trying a Couch to 5K program. I have been running a few times a week for the past few weeks so I thought I’d start the program at week four. Well, the bad news is that it was super easy and the good news is that it was super easy! I was hoping to push myself today, which didn’t happen. But turns out I should maybe try week 5 instead! I keep track of all of this (Sweat workouts and running, also walks with my mom friends) on the app called Strava. I’m tellin’ ya, I really like tracking apps!
- Drink more water – This should always and forever be one of my goals. I never think to drink water, and it’s rough on my body, especially here in Calgary. I get terrible migraines with all the weather and pressure changes that occur here and the lack of water definitely doesn’t help. Keenan got me a new water bottle for Christmas, so my goal is to drink AT LEAST three of those a day. That would amount to 11 cups of water a day. Say what(er)!
- Wash my hair more – Now some of you might be cutting me some slack here since I am a new(ish) mom. And while I’d love to thank you and just move on, I can’t lie to you. I have never washed my hair very much as in I’m a once a week type of gal, if I’m lucky. My hair never really looks greasy or anything, but the curl does not look as good by about day four. So I tend to throw it up into a messy bun or braid it. However, I cut about six inches off my hair AND gave myself bangs a couple of weeks ago. Of course the salons opened back up a week later. Hehe! I’m pretty pleased with the outcome, except for the fact that I actually do NEED to wash my hair more now. So my goal is to wash my hair twice a week. This one might just be the hardest for me. Whatcha think?
- Be quicker to forgive – Keenan and I have a great relationship – in fact you might consider it perfectly imperfect. But just like any couple we have our ups and downs. We are about to go through a somewhat stressful, but exciting time because we just bought our first house (yipee!). We will gain possession of the new house on February 10th and redo the baseboards, paint everything and put in new flooring. Then we will pack up our current place and move everything over. This all has to be done before March 1st. Seems pretty normal, right? But don’t forget we have a six month old who naps three times a day, drinks four bottles a day, eats solids four times a day and needs to play. Also Keenan will be working full time during the move so I will need to do most of the packing and unpacking myself. Basically what I am getting at is that things are gonna get a little crazy around here and I want to make sure I don’t take my stress out on the person I love the most. So when Keenan does something that annoys me, and trust me… I know he will, I want to try to let it roll off my back and move on. A mom of one of my friends from when I was younger said it best: “Be a duck, just let it roooolll off your back.” Pretty solid advice if you ask me!
So, do you think I can stick to my five goals? Seems like a busy, but exciting month, hey? Share your February goals below – I’d love to hear ’em!
2 thoughts on “February Goals”
GREAT goals! I know it is going to be a tough couple of months but you thrive under pressure. Stay the course and keep your focus on your goals. I know you will reach the finish line a rock star!
Thanks mama! Love you!